31 January 2012

Wicked Spongicure

If you've seen my other blog, Adventures in Mani-land, you know I've been swatching my meager little nail polish stash.  I've recently acquired two Icing colors.  I'll leave the reviews on those to the swatch post, but I was noticing how the green sparklies in Witch's Brew were similar to the sparklies in Evergreen.  I thought they may make an interesting spongicure, so I went with it.  Now, this was my first time sponging, so be kind.  HOWEVER, I had a stroke of genius...at least to me!

I have read dozens and dozens of posts about sponging.  All of them said they use make-up sponges and even cut up kitchen sponges.  Well, I didn't have any make-up sponges as I don't wear foundation very often and when I do, it's just a sheer powder.  And I really wasn't up for cutting up a kitchen sponge.  So I had to figure out another option, when it dawned on me that I have a whole package of tiny little eyeshadow applicators.  I figured they should do the trick AND be less messy due to their compact size.  As I said, I've never done this before, so I cannot attest to whether or not this method is easier.  But I can say that it seemed quite easy to me, even as a newbie, and the mess was minimal.



On to the mani!  I started with two coats of Icing's Evergreen, followed by SH Insta-Dri.  Then I sponged on Icing's Witch's Brew using the eyeshadow applicator, followed by another coat of SH Insta-Dri.  What do you think?  I'm thinking not too bad for my first time.  And I've gotten tons of compliments today!  :oD






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I welcome any advice or feedback. As of now, I do not moderate my comments. Feel free to link your blog as I understand the desire to increase your audience. I do read all comments and will check out your blog. However, please don't spam my comments just to promote your blog. If you do not have anything constructive to add besides a blog link, your comment will be deleted. Thanks!