20 May 2011

Operation Fruit Bowl (Kinda)

Alright, I have this bowl on my kitchen table.  Very pretty...and very empty.  For Easter, it was full of eggs (Buona Pasqua!).  I was trying to figure out what to put in there for "ordinary days."  I had a giant olive I had knit, so I threw that in there.

Which looked a little lonely...and pathetic.  Surprisingly, vase fillers are apparently very popular right now.  Saw all sorts of junk you could throw in vases and bowls...cherries, lemons, limes, glass beads, potpourri, etc.  One little box of these doo-dads runs anywhere from 5-10 bucks.  Whatevah!
Anywhoop, I was knitting an apple for my daughter's teacher and thought, why not knit up a bunch of fruit?  So I knit an extra apple and chucked it in there, too!
Considering the olive (my fav), I figured I don't need to stick to fruit (hence the "kinda").  I'm hoping to have the time/energy to add something each day.  We'll see.
Here is the pattern for the olive and apple, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I welcome any advice or feedback. As of now, I do not moderate my comments. Feel free to link your blog as I understand the desire to increase your audience. I do read all comments and will check out your blog. However, please don't spam my comments just to promote your blog. If you do not have anything constructive to add besides a blog link, your comment will be deleted. Thanks!